Thanks to all of you, we had a beautiful, fun, successful Neighborhood Garden Tour last weekend. It takes many people to help with a large community event, and your time and work was much appreciated! So, to all of you who:
- Addressed and mailed postcards.
- Distributed posters and postcards.
- Greeted visitors at the entrance to every garden.
- Set up and took down safety barricades, cones, and signs.
- Prepared, packaged, and served box lunches.
- Selected the gardens for this year’s tour.
- Donated items for the silent auction.
- Spent many hours planning and preparing.
- Supported our efforts in many other ways….
The Lord & Schryver Conservancy offers its sincere and heartfelt gratitude!
Special appreciation goes to Sally Miller who donated 100 lovely and delicious Minto Growers boxed lunches (Minto Growers Food Cart is now open!); Karen Freeman who located and directed the 60 volunteers; garden hostess Joan Lloyd who let us store our tent, tables, and chairs overnight in her backyard; Jay Raney who photographed the gardens, and Ken and Jeff Freeman who helped with set up, tear down, and other logistics.
We look forward to seeing you at our 3rd Annual Neighborhood Garden Tour in 2022 – date and location TBD. Until then, have a happy summer!
What a beautiful community event! Such a variety of gardens in this historic district of Salem!
It was alovely event and I had a wonderful time ! Couldn’t stop thinking about all the beautiful gardens I saw–and go to sleep that night ! Thanks to all who helped in any way !